Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How to start?

Here's my collection for a project that's in the planning stages. The center fabrics are from Japan, some I purchased there and others I found in an antique shop in South Pasadena. What a find! The fiber content is undetermined but hopefully they are not rayon because they feel like cotton. The outer layer are some US prints with a Japanese flavor, purchased with that in mind.

I'm thinking of following the octagon pattern on the header of Quiltsalott. Janet lives in Australia. She told me that the pattern came from
Australian Quilting Companion but even with her help I was unable to locate the pattern on line nor purchase the back issue. I enlarged her hexagon quilt, calculated the scale and made the templates. Now all that is left is the courage to cut into these wonderful fabrics and start.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Now this sounds interesting. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, you are a brave one! But I can't wait to see it. I just love Janet's quilt, it really is pretty and I think yours will be equally so.