Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hexagon Explosion

I've been busy cutting and arranging. I revisited YOKO Japanese Antique and Fabrics shop in South Pasadena that was still there after 5 years. I bought some more vintage fabrics: the red and pink dragonflies, blue crosshatching on white, red/pink flowers on white, and white flowers on navy. I really feel like the design has a balanced look. I still have some half blocks to cut but I'm ready to start hand piecing them together. Next week we are visiting our good friends in Cave Creek Arizona and this will be prefect to take along.

9 comments:

Funoldhag said...

Wow, Janet - that is GORGEOUS!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the softness of the prints and the variety. some of those prints are really unique. Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Janet, You work so fast, and it is gorgeous! I love your version.

linda said...

Hi Janet. I'm taking a class next month at one of my local quilt shops to make a quilt similiar to this. Instead of making the hexagons and putting them together, you sew them together row by row. I'm so exicted. I saw it hanging on the wall at the shop, and I HAD to do it. I like how yours turned out.

Karen said...

Wow! I'm loving this. :)

ranette said...

Oh my gosh....I love how this quilt is turning out. I would love to make one someday :o).
Just beautiful!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Janet, this hex is gorgeous. it's my favorite kind of quilt. I have one started bu twill take me forever to finish it... I lvoe , love love the fabrics.

Janet said...

Wow, your version is stunning with your fabric choices, you must be thrilled with it so far. I clicked on the photo for a better look and the fabrics are gorgeous.

Treasured Threads said...

Wow! This quilt is awesome! Noticed your comment about the Polka Dot Girls on funoldhag's blog. I am Treasured Threads and, if you're interested, you can find our blog here: www.treasuredthreadsonline.com. We specialize in only Australian patterns and carry lots! :) Keep up with your beautiful quilting! I love to look at the pics of all of the things you're accomplishing. :) Shannon