Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"MAGICAL MUD", Retrospect of AMOCA exhibits

I made this quilt as a fund raiser for The American Museum of Ceramic Art, Pomona, CA. where my sister is director/curator. This quilt is reminiscent of the many different exhibits held at American Museum of Ceramic Art. Some of the fabric appliqués represent ceramics in AMOCA’s permanent collection. Beginning in April, the quilt will be raffled to benefit AMOCA’s ceramic education programs. Look for the announcement on AMOCA's website.

The background was my first attempt at stippling. It was easier that I thought. The quilting design for each pot was customized to fit the shape and glaze. Additional embroidered titles and names were added to feature the artists, exhibit, or style of the ceramic piece.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Did you applique these? I'm impressed with what you've done.