Friday, April 5, 2013

"AROUND THE WORLD"

Jack and I have visited 85 countries with 2 new ones coming up this September. It has been our passion and joint adventure to travel the world. I laid out the fabrics I've collected plus prints that represent those places last March. I added some more from 2 more trips and designed some appliqués to represent some other countries. It's been a challenge and fun to put this quilt together. Now the border is ready to embroider the names of those countries on our next cruise. I'm not sure how I will handle machine quilting of this king size quilt myself but I really want to personalize each area.

2 comments:

Crispy said...

OMGosh Janet that quilt is amazing. It really boggles my mind as to how many countries you two have been too. How wonderful that you both had the same dream :0)

Crispy

Barb said...

What an incredible passion and an incredible amount of travel!
maybe you can give us your top five favorites and your not so favs.
Love your memory quilt just wonderful
xo