Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Love of Travel

My latest inspiration is to make a memory quilt of our travels.
We have visited over 50 countries and more to come.
I have collected fabrics and needlework samples from a number of those countries.
I want to design a quilt that features as many parts of the world as possible.
I found this panel at Hancock that I'll cut up to show our love of cruising.
I purchased these fabrics to supplement my stash.
I appliquéd these stacking dolls to represent Russia.
I want to also appliqué a maple leaf for Canada.

I'll post more on my progress as I plan and start piecing. I don't want to move too fast as we have a upcoming trip to Africa in the works.

1 comment:

Janet said...

What a great idea for a quilt and you're off to a roaring start. I love the dolls block.