Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Tree House"

Missy, the middle child of my sister's 3 girls, finally decided what quilt she wanted Aunt Janet to make. She chose the pattern from The Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. Her choice of colors are my favorites too so I found all the fabrics in my stash. The pattern is easy (stack & slash) but the selection and placement of colors are key for success.

She only wanted a throw for her sofa so I was able to machine quilt it myself. I marked the angles and a variety of widths with masking tape, sewing from long edge to long edge. I went back and sewed 1/2" next to each of the angles echoing the brown sashing widths.


The backing is a cozy flannel with the insertion of the left over blocks (7"x12").

5 comments:

abigail @ Paper and Cake said...

beautiful! as usual :)

Crispy said...

Very cool looking quilt Janet :0) I'm sure she loves it and when the weather gets cooler, she will really appreciate the warmth of the flannel.

Crispy

Sharon said...

What a perfect quilting design. I love how this turned out, she will love it too. Another job well done!

jovaliquilts said...

It looks great! I have that book and love looking at the quilts in it.

Pokey said...

Another heirloom creation from you, girl. it's going to be beautiful ~
:-}pokey