Sunday, August 23, 2009

High School Sweet Hearts

We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary today. Jack and I meet in High School and continued a long distance romance through college, with me here in California and Jack first in Oregon and then Chicago.

Here we are after a couple months dating. We went to grad night at Disneyland

We married the summer of our 22 birthdays. It is so much fun being married to my best friend and lover but I thank our Lord for the strength and trust in our marriage and our commitment to Christ that bonds us together.
August 23, 1969

Both our parents celebrated their 50th and my grandparents and greatgrandparents made it to their 50th so I hope that we can make it the 4th generation to be married 50 years+.

16 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations Janet and Jack. :) I hope you get to celebrate your 50th wedding anniversary together.

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary Janet!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Congratulations. Marriage can be a struggle at times but in the end very rewarding. My husband and I have celebrated our 37th this summer and are the longest wed of all my siblings.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Crispy said...

Congradulations Janet and Jack!!! I'm sure you will see your 50th. What a lovely couple you are, both then and now :0)

Crispy

blushing rose said...

Happy Anniversary to a lovely bride & groom ... & blessings of more to come. TTFN ~Marydon

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Congratulations!!!! ooh my, that made my a little teary! Love those photos! you high school sweeties! ;-)

Funoldhag said...

Happy Anniversary, Janet and Jack! What a beautiful couple you were and are. I wish you many more years together. God bless you both. Carol

Janet said...

Congratulations! You make a handsome couple.I wish you many more happy years together.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations and best wishes for a continued long and happy life together.

Pokey said...

Happy Anniversary, and such a great testimony and statement of your faith! Larry and I celebrated 33 years of marriage this year. We are happy for you both! : } pokey

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! Thank you for sharing all those wonderful pictures and memories. May you both have many more years together.

Julia said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary..
You make a handsome couple.I wish you many more happy years together.
Beautiful photos..
Julia ♥

pratima said...

A very Happy Anniversary, Janet :D
Your pictures are so sweet.

imquilternity said...

Congratulations! What a great looking couple you are. Several of my aunts and uncles made it to 65+ years of marriage...isn't that amazing? LOL...I'll never make that since DH and I got married when we were 43!

abigail @ Paper and Cake said...

40th? no way! you people are no where old enough to have been married 40 years...

happy anniversary aunt janet, you two are an inspiration :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary!