Thursday, February 26, 2009

“SAND and SURF” optical illusions

As an artist, I am intrigued by optical illusions. Bea, the oldest and most experienced quilter in my class, shared a quilt made in this pattern. I knew immediately that I wanted to try it. "Storm at Sea" can be found easily in books, magazines and online but if you like optical illusions try Quilting Illusions by Celia Eddy published by Barrons.

Blue and yellow make a great color combination. This lap quilt is backed with flannel which makes it cozy while watching TV or reading a book.

I machine quilted in the ditch, following the pieced shapes.

2 comments:

ayumills said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt, Janet!
Everything is sewn so perfectly. I wish I were as good at sewing as you are!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never done Storm at Sea either but it has been on my list for years.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. If you put a check mark in front of "show email" in EDIT PROFILE we can comment directly back to you.