Friday, June 19, 2009

"WINGS OF SUNSHINE AND POSEY PINK"

I watched my grandniece and nephews today so their mother could teach a class. I thought it would be a good time to post the quilt I made for Vanessa in February, 2006. She is now 7 and quite the young lady. We sat down at the sewing machine and together made a pinafore for Nellie, her American Girl doll. She was really very good at cutting and controlling the sewing machine.

Vanessa loves her quilt as do her brothers (Flying in Formation and Geckos). The butterflies came from on-line free patterns. This was my first project to free motion quilt by machine. The antennas were embroidered by hand.

Sarah (her mother) asked for pink, yellow and plaid to match the sponged painted plaid on Vanessa's walls. Her room is all girl and fits her to a "T".

12 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, Janet, isn't Vanessa picture perfect and the gorgeous quilt you made, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

imquilternity said...

What a wonderful quilt and such a lovely grandniece! She's adorable, especially lying on her quilt!

Karen said...

Cute quilt! and so is Vanessa!

Joan Heinrich Callaway said...

I love the butterfly quilt! What a wonderful great auntie you are. Thank you for the comments on my blog. Yes -- I will see what I can do to make the print larger, and I think I figured out how to make comments for each picture :). I'll try something new tomorrow. Thanks again.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

That is just beautiful...I love the colours, what little girl wouldn't just love being wrapped up in that?!!! xo

Janet said...

The quilt matches your niece, both sweet.

Crispy said...

What a lovely quilt!! Vanessa is such a cutie. When I first saw the picture I thought it was from a magazine...well done!!

Crispy

Funoldhag said...

That adorable little girl and that sweet little butterfly quilt are made for each other! It is so much fun spending time doing things with little ones - I always loved the fun chatting during those sweet times. Carol

Feedsack Fantasy said...

What a darling little one & beautiful quilt ... betyou had afun day. TTFN ~Marydon

Karen said...

The butterflies are so pretty. Good colors for them.

Janet said...

What a cute picture of your grand niece! The butterfly quilt looks perfect for her. How fun to make a pinafore with her for her American girl doll - my older daughters both adore those dolls :0)

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the butterfly quilt! How very cute and you're model is showing it off so well. It's clear that she loves it!